Color-tinted photograph of the Nelson House on Market Street in Poughkeepsie. From the reverse (typewritten): "Original Hotel on this site (Forbus House) was built around 1815. It was called The Forbus House until 1874 when it was sold to Judge Nelson. IT was torn down the next year except the three story brick addition which had been built several years earlier (and which has now been torn down and rebuilt) on the southern end of the house. The new Hotel, the Nelson House, was formally opened May 19, 1876."
Chas. W. Hughes
Historic Postcards -- Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County, New York
- Date Added
- March 5, 2014
- Item Type
- Still Image
- “Nelson House,” Main & Market: Sights and Sounds of the Queen City and Beyond, accessed August 13, 2020, http://mainandmarket.poklib.org/items/show/4648.