Black & white photograph of the Glebe House. Text on top reads, "Oldest House in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. 136 years old." From the reverse: "The Glebe House was built in 1767. A complete record of its occupants and owners has been retained. Its first tenant was the Rev. John Beardsley, rector of the "English Church," as Christ Church was then called. In 1777 Mr. Beardsley was exiled on account of his being a Loyalist, & the house was occupied for a short time by John Davis of Poughkeepsie. From 1780 to 1783 Colonel Andrew Bostwick lived there, & in 1783 & 1784 Colonel Udney Hay was its occupant. Both of these officers were connected with the commissary department of the Revolutionary Army. From 1787 to 1791 it was again used as a rectory for Christ Church, being occupied during those years by the Rev. Henry Van Dyck, the rector. In 1796 Christ Church sold the house to Peter De Riemer. Later it was owned by the Worrall family. It is now the home of Mr. Conrad Gindra, who has put it on the market."
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County, New York