Vassar College Chapel Organ

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/PC4/453-1PC4.jpg

Description

Color photograph of the an organist playing the organ in the chapel on the Vassar College campus in Poughkeepsie. From the reverse: "The Vassar College Chapel Organ built by the Grass-Miles Organ Company was installed in 1967. The four-manual organ has 99 stops, 106 ranks, & 5,710 pipes. The organ case was designed in 1904 by Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge, architects, of Boston & Chicago."

Title

Vassar College Chapel Organ

Creator

Henry Reichert

Publisher

Dexter Press

Format

jpeg

Language

en

Identifier

453-1PC4

Subject

Historic Postcards--Poughkeepsie

Coverage

Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County, New York

Original Format

Postcard
Date Added
January 22, 2014
Collection
Historic Postcards of Vassar College
Item Type
Still Image
Tags
,
Citation
Henry Reichert, “Vassar College Chapel Organ,” Main & Market: Sights and Sounds of the Queen City and Beyond, accessed October 21, 2019, http://mainandmarket.poklib.org/items/show/4450.