Lyndon Hall School

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/16LD23.jpg

Geolocation

Description

Founded in 1848 as the Poughkeepsie Female Collegiate Institute by Dr. Charles H.P. McClellan. Sold in 1862 to Rev. C.D. Rice; sold Jan 1870 to Prof. G.W. Cook; sold in 1884 to Samuel Wells Buck and renamed Lyndon Hall School. Closed in 1909.

Title

Lyndon Hall School

Format

jpeg

Identifier

16LD23

Subject

Schools

Coverage

Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County, New York

Original Format

Photograph
Date Added
October 11, 2012
Collection
Poughkeepsie Schools
Item Type
Still Image
Tags
, ,
Citation
“Lyndon Hall School,” Main & Market: Sights and Sounds of the Queen City and Beyond, accessed December 12, 2018, http://mainandmarket.poklib.org/items/show/2657.