Browse Items (112 total)

  • Tags: Schools

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/5LD23.jpg
An image of the College Hill building aflame.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/PC2/190-1PC2.jpg
Black & white illustration. From the reverse: "Blithewood gatehouse, Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson. As sketched by A.J. Davis, noted Victorian architect in the 1840's. It now houses Bard memorabilia, the University Without Walls, & the Muriel…

Local resident Al Palmatier tells of seeing Eleanor Roosevelt in the area, and the story of the day he met Franklin Roosevelt when the president was driving his car around Vallkill.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/portraitfiles/I7B.jpg
Portrait of Joseph B. Bisbee, from Riverview Military Academy.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/PC6PK/806-1PC6.jpg
Color photograph. From the reverse: "The Demonstration Amphitheater. At the Culinary Institute of America, the largest cooking school in the world with an enrollment of 1,400 students, established 1946."

Tags:

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/PC6PK/811-1PC6.jpg
Color photograph. From the reverse: "Taconic Hall, a classroom & laboratory building. The college was Est. in 1957 & was accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges & Secondary Schools in June 1964."

Tags:

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/PC6PK/812-1PC6.jpg
Color photograph. From the reverse: "Dutchess Hall, a student center building, the living room of the campus. Because of the wide range of facilities available & activities taking place, all students & faculty will be found using this building."

Tags:

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/PC6PK/817-1PC6.jpg
Color photograph, an aerial view of the Dutchess Community College campus. From the reverse: "a two year college sponsored by the County of Dutchess. Organized in 1857, & welcomed its first students in 1958. Today Dutchess Community College has a…

Tags:

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/34LD23.jpg
Advertisement for Vassar Female College.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/9LD23.jpg
Image of the Governor Clinton School, located on Montgomery Street.

Tags:

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/31LD23.jpg
Image of the Putnam Hall School, formerly the Berkeley School, located on Hooker Avenue.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/portraitfiles/I50S.jpg
Portrait of Sylvester R. Shear, Superintendent of Schools; 1910-1920.

Tags:

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/PC2/145-1PC2.jpg
Color photograph, from the reverse: "Aerial view of Millbrook School for Boys. An Independent College Preparatory Boarding School for Boys, Grade 9-12. Founded 1931."

Tags:

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/PC6PK/827a-1PC6.jpg
Black & white photograph of the Poughkeepsie High School, located on LaFayette Place & Washington Street. Handwriting on the edge reads: "Nov. 20, 1906."

Tags:

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/PC6PK/827b-1PC6.jpg
Black & white photograph of the Poughkeepsie High School, located on LaFayette Place & Washington Street

Tags:

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/portraitfiles/I12A.jpg
Portrait of Harlan P. Amen, instructor at Riverview Military Academy who went on to become the principal at Phillips Academy in Exeter, NH.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/3LD23.jpg
Image of the College Hill building, after the fire.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/14LD23.jpg
Group portrait of the Poughkeepsie High School graduating class of 1916, located at 29-37 North Hamilton Street (now known as Family Partnership Center, formerly Our Lady of Lourdes High School).

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/15LD23.jpg
Located on the corner of Mill Street & Catherine Street. Formerly known as the Poughkeepsie Female Collegiate Institute

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/16LD23.jpg
Founded in 1848 as the Poughkeepsie Female Collegiate Institute by Dr. Charles H.P. McClellan. Sold in 1862 to Rev. C.D. Rice; sold Jan 1870 to Prof. G.W. Cook; sold in 1884 to Samuel Wells Buck and renamed Lyndon Hall School. Closed in 1909.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/17LD23.jpg
Group portrait of a class at the Poughkeepsie Female Collegiate Institute, located on the corner of Mill Street & Catherine Street. Later known as Lyndon Hall.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/20LD23.jpg
Image of the Lyndon Hall School, formerly known as the Poughkeepsie Female Collegiate Institute, located on the corner of Catherine Street & Mill Street.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/25LD23C1.jpg
Ilustration of the Riverview Military Academy and Parade Grounds, as seen from an aeroplane.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/30LD23.jpg
View of the Vassar College Main Building.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/38LD23.jpg
Image of the building on College Hill.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/42LD23.jpg
View of the building on College Hill.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/44LD23.jpg
View of the building on College Hill.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/46LD23.jpg
Illustration of the Academy's Main Building; drawing from reverse of promotional/informational item

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/47LD23.jpg
Image of the Academy's Main Building & adjacent facilities.

http://192.168.1.18/archive/files/Box23/48LD23.jpg
Image of the Academy's Main Building.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2